Thermal coffee makers are similar to regular drip coffee makers in that they hold water in a reservoir which is then heated and dripped through a basket holding ground coffee and into a carafe. The difference is that rather than a glass carafe these coffee makers have a thermal insulated carafe that serves to keep the coffee hot while serving. There are several advantages to having a thermal carafe. It eliminates the need for a burner to keep the coffee warm and therefore removes the risk of burning or scorching the coffee. Another benefit is that the coffee service becomes portable. The thermal carafe does not require a power source to keep the coffee warm and therefore can be carried to another room, or outdoors or to the table for service.
Choosing the Best Thermal Coffee Maker
Choosing the best thermal coffee maker is easy if you know what to look for. First, you should consider your needs and the machine itself. You need to know what features are important to you and what you can live without. Next, consider the thermal carafe itself, there can be slight differences between models and it’s important to consider your needs before buying.
Things to consider in your new thermal coffee maker:
- Brew Times: how quickly does the machine brew an entire pot of coffee? This can be important when in a hurry in the morning before work.
- Programmability : Can you set the brew time and strength?
- Auto Shut-off : This feature is great for home and keeps you from forgetting to turn the machine off and reduces the risk of fires.
- Temperature : The brewing temperature is a huge factor in taste of the coffee brewed.
- Size and style of the machine : It’s important that the machine fit both the counter and design of the area
- Size and style of the thermal carafe : the carafe itself can come in many different styles and sizes. Choose a carafe that holds the right amount and either pours or has a pump style lid to suit your taste and needs.
- Insulating material: glass is a popular insulating material but has the disadvantage of being breakable. If you are planning to use the thermal carafe in a portable way, you will want to choose a different insulating material such as plastic or metal.
Choosing the best thermal coffee maker for your home or office doesn’t have to be tricky. With just a little planning to determine what features are most important to you, choosing the right coffee maker can be a breeze.
Thermal Coffee Maker Reviews 2014[productbox reviewlink=”http://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/zojirushi-ec-bd15ba-fresh-brew-review/” ratingtype=”http://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/orange-best-review.png” name=”Zojirushi EC-BD15BA Fresh Brew” afflink=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000X7CMQ?tag=sweetbaycoffee-20″ imglink=”http://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/Technivorm-Moccamaster-Coffee-Brewer.jpg” ratingimg=”http://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/4-stars.png”]
Last seen price : $79.95 & FREE Shipping
Last seen Discount : You Save $24.05 (23%)
[/productbox] [productbox reviewlink=”” ratingtype=”http://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/orange-best2-review.png” name=”Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Brewer” afflink=”http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S4DI2S?tag=sweetbaycoffee-20″ imglink=”http://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/Technivorm-Moccamaster-Coffee-Brewer.jpg” ratingimg=”http://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/4-stars.png”]
Last seen price : $299.00 & FREE Shipping
Last seen Discount : You Save $30.00 (9%)