Drip coffee makers are the most popular coffee makers on the market. They operate by holding water in a reservoir and coffee grounds in a small basket suspended above an empty carafe. The water is then heated in dripped through the coffee grounds and info the carafe. The carafe is then heated by a small burner to keep the coffee hot after it has been brewed. This method of brewing coffee has replaced older methods such as French Press brewing and percolating brewing.
Most drip coffee makers brew a large amount of coffee (usually 10-12 cups) at a time and works great for large families who routinely enjoy their coffee together in the mornings, or even for the office where many people will drink it rather quickly. The drawbacks to large drip coffee makers is that everyone must drink the same kind of coffee.
What to look for in a Drip Coffee Maker
Since drip coffee makers are the most popular coffee makers on the market today, there are many features that are commonly available to choose from. You’ll want to make sure you get a coffee maker with the features you need the most, while being careful not to pay for features you don’t need.
- Programmability – Many drip coffee makers today allow the user to set a timer of sort that will turn on the machine in the morning. (or any set time) You simply put in the water, filter, and coffee grounds and set the delay brew timer for the time you plan to get up in the morning. The coffee maker then will turn on and brew the coffee for you at the specified time.
- Clean Cycle – Many drip coffee makers now offer a clean cycle that cleans the inside of the machine and removes hard water scale.
- Pause-n-Serve – This feature allows the user to stop the drip stream and remove the carafe to pour a cup of coffee before the entire pot is finished brewing.
- Auto-shut off – This feature turns the coffee maker off after 2 hours to prevent fires from the coffee maker being left on by mistake.
- Thermal Carafe – Many drip coffee makers offer a thermal carafe rather than the classic glass. The advantage is that it eliminates the need for a burner to keep the coffee warm and removes the risk of scorching or burning the coffee before it is finished.
Drip Coffee Maker Reviews 2014 :
[productbox reviewlink=”” ratingtype=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/orange-top-rated.png” name=”Hamilton Beach 46201 12 Cup Digital” afflink=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0041A5H5S?tag=sweetbaycoffee-20″ imglink=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/Hamilton-Beach-46201-12-Cup-Digital.jpg” ratingimg=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/5-stars.png”]
Last seen price : $46.99 & FREE Shipping.
Last seen Discount : You Save $13.00 (22%)
[/productbox] [productbox reviewlink=”” ratingtype=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/orange-best-review.png” name=”Mr. Coffee BVMC-SJX33GT 12-Cup Programmable” afflink=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047Y0UQO?tag=sweetbaycoffee-20″ imglink=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/Mr.-Coffee-BVMC-SJX33GT-12-Cup-Programmable.jpg” ratingimg=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/4-stars.png”]
Last seen price : $34.92 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35
Last seen Discount : You Save $25.07 (42%)
[/productbox] [productbox reviewlink=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/cuisinart-dcc-1200-brew-central-review” ratingtype=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/orange-best2-review.png” name=”Cuisinart DCC-1200 12-Cup Programmable” afflink=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005IBX9?tag=sweetbaycoffee-20″ imglink=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/Cuisinart-DCC-1200-Brew-Central-12-Cup-Programmable-.jpg” ratingimg=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/4-stars.png”]
Last seen price : $79.99 & FREE Shipping.
Last seen Discount : You Save $85.01 (52%)
[/productbox] [productbox reviewlink=”” ratingtype=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/orange-best3-review.png” name=”Bonavita BV1800 8-Cup” afflink=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005YQZNO8?tag=sweetbaycoffee-20″ imglink=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/Bonavita-BV1800-8-Cup.jpg” ratingimg=”https://www.sweetbaycoffee.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/03/4-stars.png”]
Last seen price : $149.99 & FREE Shipping.
Last seen Discount :
When deciding which drip coffee maker is right for you, be sure to purchase one that has the benefits and features that are most important to you.